Big Brothers Big Sisters is searching for a Grant Proposal and Report Writer to support our Federal Grants Department. This is a full time position, candidates must be able to work in our Tampa, FL office.
The Grant Proposal and Report Writer is responsible for prioritizing, preparing, and writing reports within the Federal Grants Department, including, but not limited to, our annual Federal Grant applications; research for grant proposals and providing clear, accurate, and consistent written documentation for submission; and training via multiple platforms to grant sub recipients and other key stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure a smooth flow of information and consistent messaging in proposals by for readability and consistency, proofing, and editing all proposals, oral and written presentations, client communications, and meeting documents as required.
- Organizes, researches, writes and submits compelling federal grant applications, concept papers, and Letters of Intent to federal funders to solicit funding requests, based on the mentoring field and the Big Brothers Big Sisters model, for Big Brothers Big Sisters’ programs and projects that enhance Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring and align with strategic priorities.
- Writes federal grant proposals that funds comprehensive projects that measure the effectiveness of the Big Brothers Big Sisters' model.
- Provides pre-award grant support preparing forms, budget templates, and other materials to support grant proposals, and reviews all materials for accuracy and completeness prior to proposal submission.
- Works closely with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America departments in developing and negotiating of the scope of work, budget details, monitoring and documenting progress toward federal grant program goals and deliverables.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports for federal funders on the use and impact of their investments (including progress and summative assessment grant reporting); and maintains accurate records for funders.
- Plans and coordinates variety of training programs, including National Conference workshop sessions, opioid prevention training, and others associated primarily with federal grant-funded projects.
- Assists Director of Federal Grants, Director of Training, and subject matter experts to develop training manuals, tool kits, survey tools assessing the effectiveness of training and other resources to accompany training offerings.
- Develop presentations that will be used by the Federal Grant department to train agencies.
- Manages federal funder-supported projects and collaborates closely with other national-level staff to ensure work on the national level is completed on-time, on-budget, and meets or exceeds funder expectations.
- Assists Director of Federal Grants with planning and implementing effective stewardship plan to strengthen federal funding to Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Related Work Experience: at least 5 years related experience in the responsibilities outlined above.
Equal Employment Opportunity: BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex, familial or marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Due to high volume of interested applicants, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America will not accept staffing agency or head hunter inquiries. No phone calls, or e-mails, please.