Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is looking for a Federal Grant Accountant (remote). This position will report to the Director of Federal Grants and will be responsible for processing monthly expense reimbursement submission from sub recipients of federal grants in accordance with applicable federal guidelines, A-133, and Uniform Guidance. This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field; Master's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work directly with assigned group of federal grant subrecipients to process monthly expense reimbursements.
• Ensure all expenditures have appropriate supporting documentation and that they are reasonable, allowable, and within the scope of the grant.
• Align all expenditures with approved budgets.
• Conduct financial monitoring of subrecipients in accordance with their MOA’s and grant agreement.
• Ensure all internal controls, federal requirements, and subrecipient policies are maintained.
• Monitor percentage of funds spent to percentage of program deliverables.
• Maintain communication with assigned group of federal grant subrecipients to resolve all questioned costs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex, familial or marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification, it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.